CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) OCEANPORT, NJ April 10, 2012
The exponential growth of digital data, "Big Data" is challenging organizations' abilities to store, protect, retain and recover vital information. There simply isn't enough time, resources or budget to manage, protect, index, retain and quickly recover the ever-growing amounts of data using legacy methods and tools. CommVault has developed state of the art data movement and indexing capabilities combined with the convergence of back up and archiving in order to reduce data management operational issues and reduce costs. CommVault's technology innovations have been recognized by the Info-Tech Research Group which Ranked CommVault as an industry "Champion" in both Enterprise Backup Software and Email Archiving. CommVault is uniquely positioned to address this convergence with its single platform architecture and continuing innovation leadership.
- The Info-Tech Research Group has named CommVault a "Champion" in both Enterprise Backup and Email Archiving in a pair of recent reports: Info-Tech Research Group's Enterprise Backup Software Vendor Landscape1 and Info-Tech Research Group's Email Archiving Vendor Plus Landscape2.
- According to Info-Tech Research Group, these latest industry reports recognize outstanding vendors in the technology marketplace by assessing the strength of their offerings and ability to deliver excellent value to customers. Champions receive high scores for most evaluation criteria, having a strong market presence and usually represent trendsetters for the industry.
- In the realm of backup and recovery, Info-Tech Research Group named CommVault a Champion for a second consecutive year. In this report, Info-Tech states that "CommVault offers a comprehensive portfolio of data management and compliance products beyond just data protection, with advanced support for virtual server backup."
- In its latest email archiving report, Info-Tech Research Group acknowledged CommVault for its "holistic content archiving solution that offers extensive feature functionality."
- According to Info-Tech Research Group, CommVault's flexible hybrid archiving infrastructure enables customers to choose where to store data in the cloud along with intuitive administrator and end-user interfaces that make it easy to navigate, resulting from deep integration with Microsoft Exchange and other repositories.
CommVault Addresses Backup, Recovery and Archive Convergence with Simpana® OnePassTM Functionality
- In addition to its industry-leading backup, recovery and archive functionality, CommVault is uniquely positioned to address the ongoing convergence of these crucial areas with Simpana OnePass technology. An industry first, this capability combines backup, archive, analytics and deduplication into a single process designed to reduce combined operations time by more than 50 percent compared to traditional methods.
- With Simpana OnePass, information from a single data collection is copied, indexed and stored in Simpana ContentStore—an intelligent, virtual repository that provides an efficient and scalable foundation for eDiscovery, data mining and more.
- In addition, data analytics and reporting can be performed from the index to help classify data and implement archive policies for data tiering to lower-cost media, thereby further reducing total cost of ownership (TCO).
- According to a recent Lab Review conducted by Enterprise Strategy Group3, OnePass "appreciably reduced overall data protection jobs, as well as reduced impact to the production of servers due to [its] consolidated network and disk operations." ESG states that the result of OnePass is "so intuitive that it should be the measure by which other unified products aspire… where functionality/technologies become folded into a single agent talking to a unified back end."
David West, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Business Development for CommVault:
Chris O'Connor, Research Analyst, Info-Tech Research Group:
- "CommVault continues to be recognized by leading analyst firms as a leader in the market for backup, recovery and archiving. This latest designation is another proof point that CommVault and its Simpana software is transforming the way our entire industry must look at modern data management."
- "The growing acceptance of CommVault Simpana OnePass also solidifies our position as the only vendor that offers backup and archiving from a single, unified platform and common code base. This unique capability puts CommVault ahead of the curve in addressing the convergence of backup and archiving to meet the requirements of tomorrow today."
- "With exceptional marks for ease of use and hardware integration, CommVault is worth a look for organizations looking to get all the bells and whistles with minimized management overhead."
About Info-Tech Research Group
With a paid membership of over 25,000 members worldwide, Info-Tech Research Group (www.infotech.com) is the global leader in providing tactical, practical Information Technology research and analysis. Info-Tech Research Group has a fourteen-year history of delivering quality research and is North America's fastest growing full-service IT analyst firm.
A singular vision a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; certain information in this release has been provided by the customer and has not been independently verified by CommVault. CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2012 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
1Info-Tech Research Group's Select Enterprise Backup Software Vendor Landscape, February 14, 2012.
2Info-Tech Research Group's Email Archiving Vendor Plus Landscape, January 11, 2012.
3ESG Lab Review: CommVault Simpana 9 "OnePass" including Integration with HP X9000 Scale-out NAS, January 2012.