Newly Expanded Operations in India Accelerate Product Development Efforts while Reinforcing Technical Innovation Leadership
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) OCEANPORT, NJ April 12, 2012
To fuel rapid growth and further empower Simpana® software customers to lower data management costs, reduce business and compliance risks as well as best leverage data for improved decision making, CommVault has expanded its operations in India.
- CommVault today announced the opening of a product development center in Bangalore, which significantly increases the company's existing presence in Hyderabad, India, and accelerates ongoing product development efforts worldwide.
- The new development center will help raise awareness of CommVault's award-winning Simpana software brand while attracting top software developers from the region, as Bangalore is well known as the "Silicon Valley" of the area.
- The opening of the Bangalore operation is the latest example of CommVault's strategic investments to expand the breadth and depth of its global development, sales, marketing, services and support capabilities to better position the company's long-term global profile.
- The new facility also will complement CommVault's primary development center at its corporate headquarters in New Jersey to best meet customers' ever-evolving business demands and technology requirements.
CommVault Strengthens Global Operations to Support Worldwide Customers
- CommVault continues to grow its global operations to provide more than 15,000 customers worldwide with industry-leading solutions that enable them to cut costs and lower risks while improving information access and IT agility.
- The latest expansion into Bangalore, widely acclaimed as a hotbed for technology development that attracts some of the region's best and brightest development talent, will augment other top-notch company resources around the globe, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Japan, Mexico, South Africa and the United States.
- In February, CommVault unveiled its latest Simpana software innovations, including the industry's first converged backup, archive and reporting solution, leading array snapshot integration, next-generation virtual machine protection, mobile worker protection and optimized SharePoint data management.
- With its modern data management approach and Simpana software's unique, singular platform, CommVault is uniquely positioned to help global customers quickly adapt to changing business demands and rising recovery service levels across data center, virtualized, edge and cloud computing environments.
N. Robert Hammer, CommVault's chairman, president and CEO:
Rajiv Kottomtharayil, CommVault's vice president of development:
- "We are extremely pleased to open our new product development center in Bangalore, which is world-renowned as a hub for technology development and having a vastly talented workforce. We intend to hire, retain and develop best-of-breed engineers and developers who can assist us in delivering technology advancements that continue to serve our customers' data and information needs."
- "CommVault is very focused on expanding our resources and capabilities to continually take data and information management to the next level, which is one of the driving forces behind opening a facility in Bangalore. The intrinsic wealth of expertise and knowledge in that region will play a pivotal role in our ongoing efforts to reinforce the company's industry leadership and technology innovation."
A singular vision a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; certain information in this release has been provided by the customer and has not been independently verified by CommVault. CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2012 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.